GDPR/ Privacy Notice
Please find below information in regards to GDPR and how we use your information:
- General Data Protection Regulation Policy Nov 2019
- Privacy Notice – Direct Care Nov 2019
- Privacy Notice – National Screening Programs Nov 2019
- Privacy Notice – Risk Stratification Nov 2019
- General Practice Transparency Notice for GPES Data for Pandemic Planning and Research
The practice Caldicott Guardian is Dr C. Thornton and Senior Information Risk Officer (SIRO) is Dr Rajan.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR is similar to the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 (which the practice already complies with), but strengthens many of the DPA’s principles. The main changes are:
- Practices must comply with subject access requests
- Where we need your consent to process data, this consent must be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous
- There are new, special protections for patient data
Our GDPR fair processing notice, with details of our Data Protection Officer, can be found in our waiting areas as well as on our website. Also, various privacy notices for patients are on our website or can be obtained from our Reception desk.
Please contact the practice if you have any queries or require a paper copy of our GDPR notices and documents.
Consent for patients aged 13 to 16 years
Parents/guardians will be asked to obtain consent to access records of patients aged between 13 and under 16. Please be cooperative with our staff when asked to obtain consent for this age group.